I see that the number of people visiting my blog has increased a LOT in the last few weeks. I was used to a certain number of hits on new posts, along with comments from some of the dozen or so other BLMs that I feel like I "know" now through our blogs (you know who you are, I think - hi :) ). I assume there are also a number of BLMs who lurk on my blog and others, as I did for six months after Elizabeth died before I started blogging and commenting on other blogs...and I'm glad for that.
But, who are the hundreds of new people? Care to say hello and introduce yourselves and tell me where you're coming from? Is this all from Finding My New Normal's Link-Up? Or is something else going on that I don't know about? Just curious - thanks!
Hi - I'm newish to your blog. My first child, a daughter named Amelia, was stillborn on 24th September (due to a suspected cord accident and some other factors too) so I've been in the community for 4 months and started blogging about 2 months ago.
ReplyDeleteI've found this space to be the most helpful support and have been touched, helped and healed by the many comments I've received to my blog (yourbriefmoment.blogspot.com). I'm from New Zealand and have found it so valuable to connect with people from all over the globe and to feel I'm not alone.
I enjoy reading your blog and am inspired by the love you have for your daughter Eliza. Thank you for sharing your story and helping me through my own.
Di xx
Sincere apologies, I have written your daughters name incorrectly (confused with another blog I read often). My thoughts are with you and your Elizabeth. xxoo
ReplyDeleteDi - Don't worry - we had about 1000 nicknames for Elizabeth, and Eliza was definitely used a time or two! I'm so sorry about the loss of your sweet Amelia, and I'll come read more about her on your blog. Nice to meet you - although wish we didn't have reason to, of course. I'm glad that blogging helps you feel less alone in this loss. It has done the same for me.
DeleteOoh, I'd love to think that you got that many visitors from my link up! You can check your blogger stats to see where people are coming from.
ReplyDeletePeople definitely came from your site, but the numbers still weren't adding up...Have you had a lot of new visitors?
DeleteHey - I had mentioned your blog to another woman (who expects to have hospice care for her son after his birth) on an online community called thebump.com. So if you see that as the addresses for the stats then that might be why. I hope any BLMs that visit your site say hello. <3
ReplyDeleteSince you say hundreds are visiting and I don't think there are hundreds of BLMs on our community message board, I removed the link to you blog. I fear that by posting it I may have invited lurkers without losses to your blog. I hope that's not the case. Also I probably should have asked you if it was okay to post a link. I was just trying to help another momma out.
ReplyDeleteMelissa - Oh, that's fine. Thanks for referring her to my blog. I'm really glad to be a resource for another mom preparing to have hospice care for an infant. Even within the BLM community, we are rare...rare like the % of hospice workers who are willing to take on a baby case, too - it even scares most of them :( But I digress. Take care <3
DeleteHello! My name is Melissa and I have been lurking your blog for about 2 months now. Our daughter Ava died from HELLP syndrome on February 8th 2011. We are considering a subsequent pregnancy (which also comes with significant health risks for me.) I have found a lot of comfort in your honest account of what it is like to have a subsequent pregnancy. I do not have a blog, but feel free to email me at mouschin@gmail.com.
ReplyDeleteI'm a new-ish reader and I have no idea how I found your blog! (maybe from 'life after addison?") Not sure if I've commented before or not, but HI!
ReplyDeleteHi - saw a new face on the "followers" on my blog and clicked to find you. I have the blogs "Surviving the Day" and "Surviving the Day Everyday". I'm so sorry you have found this BL community of bloggers but hope you find some comfort in it as well. I know I have over the last 4 years.
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Marisa and my daughter Isabella passed away on March 10th, 2011 from a Strep A infection. She was 18 monthss and my only child. I found your blog from another mothers blog that I read.
Thank you for sharing Elizabeth with all of us.
Marisa
Hi Marisa, I'm so sorry for your loss. Isabella is a beautiful name <3
DeleteHi! I am new too! Thought I should comment since you wondered! Not sure how I found your blog as I go from one BLM blog to the next!
ReplyDeleteHi there! I just found you today, but thought I should comment on this post, since you asked. I found you on GlowintheWoods. I am truly sorry for the loss of your beautiful Elizabeth. I am a BLM in a completely different ilk- we found out in utero that our Blue Sunday had Trisomy 18 and we chose to terminate. "Others" happens to be under medical termination on that site. Wishing you a healthy and thriving baby from this pregnancy.
ReplyDelete