At parents group on Wednesday - yes, it was waaaaay better the second time than the first - I learned about the Baby K'Tan but could NOT stomach paying money for yet another carrier. Then I found this tutorial. This afternoon I decided to try it out. Fifteen minutes, zero dollars, and three cut-up oversize T-shirts from the 90s later, I have a carrier that's working for us!
![]() | ||
| Why are my hands holding her in this picture? Not sure - they don't need to be! |
Brilliant. And free. Unbelievable.
But, on another note, sometimes the most expensive gear really is the best. Case in point, the My Brest Friend aka "The Nursing Tutu" makes breastfeeding actually comfortable for my back and truly one- or no-handed! Amazing. Thanks to my husband for buying it of his own motivation, after watching me juggle various sliding pillows and a Boppy the first few days, while asking him to hold my water glass while I drank from it.
And now a gratuitous cute picture:
![]() |
| One month old already! |


I can't believe she's a month already! This time passing thing is insane. :/
ReplyDeleteI love the colours of your DIY carrier. I had high hopes for the ergo, but Grace screams at the sight of it... The Moby seemed promising but I check 1 million times I wear it for signs of life.. bah.
Anyway, Ginny is so adorable. :)
1 month!
ReplyDeleteI find carriers to be such a personal choice. I have the Ergo, Bjorn, K'tan & Beco. I haven't used the Beco but have the other 3. All are good for different purposes it seems.
Nice handy work with that wrap!
Love the homemade wrap!! K isn't a fan of the baby wearing tho. :(
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute. I am so going to try and make that wrap. I have ring sling and Braedon just slips down into it and it stresses me out.
ReplyDeleteAgain she is so cute.
Look at those lips! Oh I'm in love - so sweet.
ReplyDeleteGood ideas! Love her cutie face, I am always waiting for the pic lol Yeah one month!xo
ReplyDeleteWhat a dolly! I have a Beco I hope to be able to use with Beta. I love the idea of a free sling!
ReplyDeleteWe have a baby bjorn and a cot to tot (which is v much like your homemade one) Hugo likes them both thankfully, but he's got so heavy now, and after two pregnancies, my back is a bit achy from lugging him about in them. I think I need a really good massage...
ReplyDeleteShe is so unbelievably beautiful.
She is beautiful!!!
ReplyDelete