Friday, September 7, 2012

When the pictures run out

I like to compare pictures of my two girls at similar ages...to see how much they look like sisters and also how much they look like themselves.

Soon the pictures run out. Ginny turned 11 weeks on Wednesday. Elizabeth died when she was 11 weeks and 3 days.

The pictures aren't the important part of course. I can feel the weight of this anniversary as it approaches. The day a big sister is forever younger than her little sister.

17 comments:

  1. They are so beautiful together, I know I will be doing the same thing.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( thinking of you. They are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful children. Wish it was so very different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous, these babies of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're both so beautiful. There is definitely a shock to my heart that the little sister will always be older than the big sister. Sending love to you all <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a hard thing to grasp. I was just thinking how hard it must be to lose a living baby. It is hard to have a stillborn baby too, of course., But now that Livia's here I can't imagine losing her too. Hope you can continue to see pieces of Elizabeth in Ginny, even after you pass this anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such gorgeous little ones. Light and love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are both just so beautiful. I think it's precious that you have those pictures, even as few as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you have pictures of your beautiful girls at different infant ages. And I'm so sorry that there are not many decades filled with more pictures and adventures together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are beautiful. We will always wish for more pictures, won't we?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your girls are beautiful! They most certainly look like sisters - a match set! Thinking of you this week as Ginny surpasses that memorable milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My God, my jaw just dropped - they are SO alike... that must really tug at your heart strings.

    I know our situations are very different, but your post reminded of something that I just couldn't get out of my head the other day... I know Hugo so much more than I know Seamus. I find that so hard, and so sad. I want to know everything about them both.

    And yes, the older siblings that will always be younger...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't compare pictures, but I felt that milestone looming and then past. It's a tough one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh. How I wish things were different.

    They are both so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought that I was staring at one baby but yes they're like twin.. both beautiful. Thug in my heart that the little sister will always be older than the big sister. One will be forever baby. *huge hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember reading this post when I was still pregnant with my rainbow baby.

    My husband and I have talked a lot about it since. About how much our girls look alike and how with each passing day our Lillian outgrows her sister. When Lillian was born everyone gasped. Our girls could have been twins, but with each passing day Lillian leaves Ava behind and becomes her own self. It is shocking to watch.

    This post has resonated in us this month. Thank you for it.

    ReplyDelete