Sunday, September 25, 2011

Poor-Me Day

It's usually a poor-me day when I find out that once again we didn't get pregnant this month. That's today.

Yet I have these stupid fantasies I'll be like one of those TLC women - "I didn't even know I was pregnant until I went into labor!" - and somehow I'm magically actually with child (and maybe headed for an entire 9 months that don't end with a fatally injured baby) despite the negative pregnancy tests and period that just started.

My brain can't handle how horribly the universe shafted our family, so it turned to optimism? This makes no sense.

1 comment:

  1. It was a poor me day yesterday, when I realized I was getting my period again...that's today!

    Our brains are wonderfully wired to protect us and keep us alive, and they perceive our losses as a threat to our very survival, so they invent ways to help us cope so that we won't die.

    Thanks for your blog. I have one too, but I just mix my experience with this all into my business blog and it probably freaks a few people out. LOL! www.danaboyle.com, if you're ever curious. All my baby posts are under "creating a family."

    ReplyDelete