Don't be an idiot and ask if this is my first child. My first child died.
This baby's big sister is in heaven.
Bereaved Pregnant Lady - Stay Back!
If you touch my tummy, I'll grab your boobs.
[unsolicited tummy-touching is just a pet peeve of mine, unrelated to being a BLM]
Today, 17 Mothers will take their babies home in coffins, not car seats. [a UK statistic]
Most babies make it, but this one's sister didn't.
It's all fun and games... until a baby dies.
Yes, I'm pregnant. No, I'm not smiling. Because my last baby died.
It's all fun and games... until a baby dies.
Yes, I'm pregnant. No, I'm not smiling. Because my last baby died.
No, this isn't my first and if you ask more questions, you won't like the answer
Don't count your chickens until they're hatched.
So, I designed a shirt! And another one! And yet another!
And that amused me for two whole hours. I think I'll wait for the Monday (President's Day) discounts before I actually order any.
P.S. Please let me know if the links above don't work. Also, I think I have turned off the annoying word-verification step for blog readers to post comments. Please let me know whether I was successful ... thanks!
I like the third one you did... I think I would actually wear that one!!
ReplyDeleteThose are awesome! I especially like the last one too! Annoying word verification is gone, thanks!
ReplyDeleteLove the shirts, its a good idea.
ReplyDeleteLove the shirts, especially the last one also. I have already had the joy of someone touching my belly, without even asking, which i would have said no, so annoying.
ReplyDeleteMy favourite is the third one too.
ReplyDeleteFunnily enough, I was in a shop today, wearing the large coat that I always wear whenever I'm out and about these days, because I thought it hid my pregnancy. The guy at the till then started going on about a parenting club, and talking to me as though I was obviously pregnant... I was sort of taken aback. I thought I was hiding it quite well... I guess not! So I suppose I should brace myself for idiot comments and random belly rubbing from strangers... eeek!
I like the don't count your chickens one but probably because I'm not a heaven kind of girl. The first one may prompt strange looks or even more questions... Good on you. Order them all and let us know what kind of response u get.
ReplyDeleteI like the ones you made but let me tell you sometimes I thinnk it is easier to laugh then to cry. So I say make the shirt that says, touch my belly and I will grab your boobs. That cracked me up!
ReplyDeleteI like the third one, it's sweet. :) I probably wouldn't wear any of them though because it might solicit more questions from people. But if you want to rock them, I think you should!
ReplyDeleteThe don't count your chickens one really gets me. It's so cute, yet ominous. Kind of like how we LOOK like cute, happy, pregnant women, but we're actually one misguided comment away from a total emotional meltdown. I would like a t-shirt that just says "Not Up For Discussion."
ReplyDeleteYep, cute but ominous (unstable?) is a pretty good description of me right now.
DeleteI had the perfect solution to these comments and the belly touching when pregnant with my second: rarely ever leave the house. Hide around corners when I had to go to campus. Refuse to stop and look anyone in the eye. These strategies had their own costs, but they worked.
ReplyDeleteThese t-shirts seem like a much healthier option. :) Nice work.
The "Don't count your chickens" saying makes me cringe as a guy my husband used to work with said that to him once in a joking around manner (sick, I know) on Father's day.. . . and then our baby died. Hopefully he felt like an ass.
ReplyDeleteThat's terrible! I mean, it's one thing for us to say stuff like this kind of bitterly, but to actually say that to an expecting father on Father's Day?
DeleteI love those shirts! I think my favorite is the chicken one. . .If I ever get pregnant again, I may want to get one:)
ReplyDelete