Really wish I were kidding about this. I hadn't intended to make this into a regular series. Baby dragon did not pass her nonstress test this morning. The perinatologist decided that enough weird things have happened now that we should be on the monitors for a few hours today and start steroid shots. I might stay overnight again or nor depending. Again I was basically told that we are taking the most conservative approach possible because of what happened with Elizabeth, which I appreciate. Nobody seems overly concerned so I'm feeling pretty calm.
No more hospital pictures of me but here's our dog asleep on the couch yesterday with his new favorite toy - a pig from angry birds - thanks to my mother in law :). I wish I could have the dog with me here in the hospital!

I LOVE your dog and his sweet toy. My Cooper would be delighted with that toy, but it would soon be skinned and he'd be eating the stuffing. Sigh...
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you're back in L&D, and yet so glad that your doctors are cautious and vigilant. I try to remind myself when I go to the NSTs that the point is not to pass with flying colors, but to know that if the Deuce is not passing that we can do something about it.
I would definitely want my dogs at the hospital with me, too. Best companions ever.
Sorry to hear you're back at the hospital, but glad this sounds like more of a precaution than a necessity. I'm sending good thoughts your way and keeping my fingers crossed you're home soon :)
ReplyDeleteI love that pic, your dog looks so cuddley adorable. I know I wish I could bring my cat everywhere. I am glad the docs are doing everything and taking the utmost precaution but worried you have to go through this. I am thinking of you,Elizabeth and baby dragon everyday and hoping for you as well. xo
ReplyDeleteThinking of u and hoping u get to go home to that cute dog ASAP!
ReplyDeleteI missed my dogs so much when i was in the hospital! They are therapeutic souls aren't they?
ReplyDeleteI am feel reassured that your doctors are being conservative in their decisions. You are doing an amazing job of following your instincts.
Thinking of you, Elizabeth and baby dragon. xo
Calm, cool thoughts. I am 100% on board with the allowing dogs in L&D plan!
ReplyDeleteYour dog is so cute! Hang in there! Glad your doctors are being overly cautious.
ReplyDeleteHi there - I'm new to your blog, but wanted you to know that I am thinking about you, baby Dragon, your husband and of course sweet Elizabeth. I was reading here yesterday and thinking how very brave you are. On the way home from work I looked up and realised that the road name, just before our road, is Elizabeth Road. I knew this of course, but yesterday it just popped out at me. Hoping along with you xoxo
ReplyDeleteGlad you and baby are well. You really can't be cautious enough.
ReplyDeleteHang in there!!
So glad to hear your perinatologist is taking the conservative route - when so many find nothing specific amiss, they send you on home with a "We'll see you in a week/few days but come in if you need or want to". But when there's something genuinely amiss it's often too late, so I'm relieved for you. I hope the rest of our medical teams do the same. You'll never regret being too cautious, and despite all the nights and days of worry and kick counting etc, it will all be worth it when your little one comes home safe and healthy. Just a few more weeks...
ReplyDeleteWe're all hanging on as tightly as you - to each other, to whatever faith or hope is left in us. Thanks for continuing to update - will keep checking in and crossing fingers that baby dragon stays in there as long as possible.
Oh - and YES - dog therapy is the absolute best!!
Okay baby dragon let's go... So glad you've got docs being super sensitive to your needs. I hope things go well at the next NST. Keep growing baby dragon
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear you are back in hospital. I'm glad that they are going for the most conservative approach (but equally that they aren't worried) I know that is what I wanted in my subsequent pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for your comment on my post about my son's first birthday. It is wonderful to feel understood. Thinking of you and your little dragon baby, I know this stretch can feel unbearably hard.
I'm so sorry that I am not a more frequent commenter here SG. For some reason, blogger will not let me follow your blog. I would really like to and I'm not sure why it won't let me, it's very frustrating, I will keep trying!