Friday, May 4, 2012

Home again

Man, those steroid shots felt like a punch in the ass.  Literally.  I'm home again and resting.  Baby dragon passed several NSTs in the hospital with flying colors, so that's a huge relief.  I'll go back to the perinatologist on Monday for another.

Thank you all for your comments and support - it makes me feel so much less alone and scared.

I get the idea that our doctors have taken it as a bit of a personal challenge to deliver baby dragon alive and healthy and keep me from going crazy in the process.  Also, they have figured out that anything smacking of false reassurance or head-patting will not fly with me.  I appreciate their approach right now.  And while I don't look forward to the medical bills, I refuse to let that affect my decisions.  Luckily, my husband is 100% on the same page.  Of course, we could use a few more days at home and a few less days camped out in L&D.  And a few more weeks of healthy growing before delivery day.  Sound good, baby dragon?
                                           
                                                              ***

I posted once about my friend's daughter Elly.   I was really touched to get this card in the mail last week from her (she's 5 now), and wanted to share:


The drawings are:  baby Elizabeth, Elly, hearts, and flowers.  The message is just so honest.  Unbelievably sweet.

6 comments:

  1. Happy to hear all is okay for now. That picture is beautiful. I save all art related to Andrew. I know you probably cherish this piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a quiet, restful weekend at home! I love Elly's card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ot hear everything is still ok and you got your shots. I hope you are able to relax some. Thinking of you, baby dragon and Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for being home and that baby dragon is holding on. Elly's card is awesome and something I would totally cherrish. 3 visits to L&D or 20...who cares as long as that little girl is doing okay. hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elly's card is beautiful. So simple. So sweet. So heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Argh the steroid shots. So very, very ouch-y! So glad that Baby Dragon passed her NSTs.

    That is such a beautiful, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete