Tuesday, April 10, 2012

GD test and US pic

Although I rarely throw up at this point in the pregnancy (yay!), my stomach still requires constant maintenance:  breakfast first thing in the morning, regular small meals, lots of protein, almost no sugar.  A glass of lemonade last night almost brought dinner back up, so there's not a lot of room for error.

Needless to say I wasn't looking forward to this morning's fasting glucose test for gestational diabetes.  By the time I got up, skipped breakfast, drove to the lab, kept down that nasty orange sugar drink for a whole hour, and was in the process of having five(!) vials of blood drawn (my doctor is being thorough), I was so focused on getting home and eating that I had the following conversation.  Note:  my husband and I refer to the people who draw blood at the lab as "vampires":

Nice lady vampire:  How are you feeling?
Me:  Hungry
NLV: Well, we're almost done here.
Me:  Great.  I'm finally going to eat breakfast.
NLV:  Do you know what you're having?
Me:  Eggs.
NLV:  Um...I meant, boy or girl?

Right.  Like I'm a normal pregnant lady who really cares.  Then the NLV proceeded to tell me about her friend who wanted a boy so badly she cried when she found out she was having a girl.  I refrained from asking if that was because her first child had died?  Because those are the only people I have any sympathy for in the baby-gender department.

I'm at home eating eggs as I type this.  Baby dragon is kicking away.  We are sure she'll be developing chubby cheeks like her big sister any day now.  Here she is making the world's cutest little pouty-face :)







9 comments:

  1. Lmao at the eggs comment! I took pb crackers with me to my test bc it makes me so nauseous I can't wait that long to get home to eat something! So glad baby Dragon is looking good! Great pic too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant - I laughed at the eggs comment. And she looks so, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pic, glad baby dragon is kicking away and showing her fiesty character. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having eggs! Awesome. Everyday I'm at work around lunch time I always ask my patients what they will be having. Because I'm thinking about food. Good thing I dont work in prenatal because people would be telling me the gender of their babies instead of what type of sandwich they are going to eat haha.
    I'm so glad your baby dragon is pouting away inside you. Grow baby grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the eggs commment-totally something I would do!
    Cute picture of your baby girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The brain of a BLM. Distracting ourselves from the obvious. Totally funny about the eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. too funny.

    and I hear ya about the gender thing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Iol. Your baby has such a cute profile. :)

    ReplyDelete